Tuesday, August 8, 2017

WTF (Geek Actually #1.1)






I have never really been caught up in serially published stories or even found many chick-lit books which I completely enjoyed, so I really wasn't expecting to have my socks blown off or anything.  However, I am a female nerdy gamer engineer active in fandom (irl, yeah, really) and the premise of this serial caught my attention.

I was really pleasantly surprised.  It wasn't just a series of gratuitous sex scenes strung together with badly written segues.  It was funny and topical and spot on.  Bonus points for the proper use of SJW in context, and the barbed references to the Hugo puppygate drama made me snort until my diet coke almost squirted out my nose.

I had not expected to, but I will check out the next installments.  I can admit when I'm wrong.

Three and a half stars.  Recommended for us unicorns (female gamer geeks).

Disclosure: I received an ARC at no cost from the author/publisher.


No comments:

Post a Comment