Thursday, April 11, 2019

Best Birdhouses for Your Backyard

When I bought my house a couple years ago, it was purchased with a large lot of undeveloped woods adjoining the house.  I have always enjoyed having wildlife around and feeding and watching the birds has become a huge source of enjoyment for me. 

I decided to expand my birdwatching activities by providing more varied foods, increasing the wild garden areas and actively providing more water sources and nesting shelters. The only problem was that I am not currently in possession of a large or well equipped woodworking area in the garage. 

This book provides 13 tutorials arranged roughly in order of complexity which cover a number of suitable houses for a wide variety of common species. None of the designs require exotic woods or difficult/expensive tools or other materials. Everything is easily sourced.  These plans were usable for a relative newbie like me. 

I enjoyed making these and even better, the birds seem to approve of my amateurish early attemps. They're being used and that really makes me happy.

This would be a suitable activity for scout groups or family crafting weekends and possibly even a library summer activity. Really well photographed and understandable.

Four stars

No comments:

Post a Comment