Thursday, February 15, 2018

Robert B. Parker's Old Black Magic

Spenser's 46th outing in novel form sees him chasing a priceless painting which was stolen 20 years ago in a famous heist at the Gardner museum.

Spenser is on the trail and willing to do whatever it takes to finish the job and honor the last wishes of a friend.  There's also a 5 million dollar reward, and he's up against everyone to see the assignment through.

There aren't so many things in life which are guaranteed to deliver.  Spenser, even on this 46th (!!!) installment, really does.  I love his mouthy attitude, his honor and his style.  Pure 100% unadulterated entertainment.  I love Spenser.  I admit trepidation when Ace Atkins took over the series, but they're really wonderful (this is the 7th book by my count since R.B.Parker passed away in 2010).

Due out 1 May, 2018 from Penguin - Putnam. 320 pages, available in ebook, hardcover and audio- formats.

Five stars.  I devoured this in one sitting. 

Disclosure: I received an ARC at no cost from the author/publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment