Friday, August 4, 2017

46 Leatherwork Projects Anyone Can Do



This is a tidy well organized book containing tips and tutorials for 46 leatherworking projects.  The tutorials are all well described, containing beautiful step-by-step photographs along with included templates.  The templates are perfect and even include marked stitching/construction spaces.

The book introduces concepts and supplies and tools with color photos and supporting descriptions.

The projects themselves are varied and include decorative objects such as a hanging candle holder and coaster set, to practical staples such as belts, shoes (sandals) and many bags.  The book includes a beautiful and functional desk/stationery set which I fully intend to make for myself.
There are also small projects like earrings, bracelets and keychains which use up scraps.
I really enjoyed reading this book. 

For me, the mark of a good crafting tutorial book is if it makes me want to drop everything and go out and gather supplies right then. It's been years since I did any leatherworking and this book make me want to dig right into the included projects.

The 46 projects in this book, along with the tools and techniques sections are very accessible to any beginner.  The more complex projects, such as the backpack and carrier bag and overnight case, are accessible to a keen beginner and advanced enough to be interesting to more experienced crafters.

I really enjoyed this book.  The author, Geert Schuiling, lives in Cape Town, South Africa, so I'm assuming it was written in English, but if not, the translation was completely perfect and the writing and formatting are error free.

Five stars.

Disclosure: I received an ARC at no cost from the author/publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment