Saturday, September 2, 2017

Celilo's Shadow

I love murder mysteries, especially 'crimes from the past' type mysteries, plus 'bonus points' for wilderness or native American themes.  This book ticked all the boxes for me personally.

There are some rough areas with dialogue and character development (the 'bad' guys are ALL bad, Snidely Whiplash meanie-pants, the good characters are pure in heart etc).  It doesn't stand in the way of an enjoyable read and I didn't feel like the rough areas prevented me from enjoying the story.

For a fairly tame/clean mystery, there was a great deal of sexual violence and misogynistic violence as well as overt racism, which was unpleasant to read about (but certainly in period for the time/place setting).

Enjoyable undemanding read.

Three stars
Disclosure: I received an ARC at no cost from the author/publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment