Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Room Love

Though it's ostensibly aimed at young girls (tweens-high school aged), I found some nice DIY ideas here which wouldn't be out of place in a grown up environment.  Many of these were 'awesome' according to my 18 year old daughter.

The book is lavishly illustrated and the tutorials are full of easy-to-understand instructions. The book is arranged logically in sections with similar projects grouped together.  The sections include: Furniture & Fabrics, Storage & Organization, Dressing Zone, Walls, and Glam Decor & More.

The projects run the gamut from practical to very whimsical (and a few are a bit silly, but everyone needs a little silly in their space, right?).  I liked the advice posted at regular intervals in the book (*remember to get permission!).  I also like the empowerment vibe in this book.  You can do it.  I am all for people doing more DIY and recycling instead of just ditching everything in a landfill.  The book also starts with a welcome bit of advice to clean up your bedroom/space and organize.Awesome advice (I'm a mother :)

Definitely a useful and creative book.  Recommended!

Four stars
Disclosure: I received an ARC at no cost from the author/publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment